(adapted from Ms. Kratz/Cutrone)
If you are a junior and would like me to write you a letter of recommendation, please follow the steps below:
a. Ask me.
b. Once you have asked me, please submit the answers to my questions as quickly as possible after the school year is over. I do not need the applications immediately. I write the letter first, and then send in the applications as you give them to me in the fall.
c. ALL QUESTIONS MUST BE EMAILED BY July 15th.
Please try to get the answers to me by then. I will give priority to letters that send me the questions on time! The more time I have, the better letter I can write for you!
d. Please take time to answer these questions completely and thoughtfully. The more thorough you are in your answers, the more through I can be in my letter.
Questions for Letters of Recommendation
1. What positive adjectives would you use to describe yourself as a student? As a person?
2. List your extracurricular school activities and note any important positions held.
3. List all your extracurricular out of school activities, including positions of leadership, responsibility, etc.
4. Write a brief paragraph on what you hoped I noticed about you as a student in my class. Include any project/assignment that you did particularly well in, and explain what you did.
5. If you were writing this recommendation, what major points about yourself would you want included? Please think carefully about this answer, and answer completely. This is where you need to sell yourself.
1st Semester Grade:
2nd Semester Grade:
If you do not follow the following directions, I will return everything to you, and that will hold things up.
Email the answers to these questions to me.
Please give me your email address and your homeroom (Senior). You must check your email because I will keep you informed through the email format.